This is a really important notice about the inaugural meeting of the Cambridge Bus Users Group next Saturday, June 2nd, 2.00 – 4.00pm Conference Room, Cambridge Central Library, 7 Lion Yard, CB2 3QD.
The event is open to the public but the organisers are particularly keen for FeCRA members and members of community groups to attend. Please circulate widely to mailing lists and/or networks and friends. The Cambridge Bus Users Group will be discussing aims for the coming year and electing a first committee. If you want to make a change, and help improve bus services for the area please try and attend or if you can’t do so yourself encourage others to attend. Improving bus services for the area benefits everyone.
There is a café in the library directly adjacent to the meeting-room with refreshments available.
They need all types of members:
1) people who want to keep up-to-date with their representations to operators and authorities, and want to contact them with their local concerns;
2) people who want to join in some of their campaigns, when they have the time;
3) people who want to take an active rôle by joining their executive committee.
Most people will only be able to commit to category one – and the organisers say that’s just fine, especially if that means you are able to keep fellow residents’ association or community members in touch about such a key issue for the city and villages.
All are welcome to attend. People can just turn up next Saturday but the organisers say it would be great if you could let them know in advance:
- by emailing Richard Wood
- by direct message on Twitter https://twitter.com/CBGbusUsers
- by responding to the post on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cambridgebususers/
Cambridge Area Bus Users, a member group of Bus Users UK:
- exists to to foster discussion and understanding between bus passengers, the companies, authorities and others with responsibility for bus services in Cambridge and its environs;
- to make representations on behalf of bus users at whatever level may be appropriate;
- is independent of any political party.